04 February 2011

Playroom Redone

Visit thecsiproject.com

So here is my first update following the flood.  Our upstairs areas got the worst of it, because the water heater that leaked was in our attic (we have 2, the other one is in the garage, and that one leaked last summer).  After replacing the ceiling and sheetrock they of course needed to repaint as well, so we decided to give the room a facelift with a new color.  

Here is a before pic from when we moved in a couple years ago,



and here it is now.  






Isn't the blue refreshing?  I. LOVE. IT.  I can't believe I left it colorless for so long.  Such is life.

 Since I also had to refinish or replace several of the letters from my alphabet border, and I'm pretty sure I never posted it on this blog to begin with, I am entering this post into the CSI Project this week. :)

Also linking up here:

Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap 
 up           party!

7 comments:

Valarie said...

I do like that blue. I've been leaning toward something like that for our master bedroom.

What a great room, and I'm glad to see that Leslie Graff original survived the flood. :)

Lei said...

Seriously, Val... I took care of the art work first! :)

chris said...

I love the color, too. It's a heavenly blue. Looks like your making great lemonade with the flood lemons. :)

Sharon said...

I do LOVE the Blue. It is heavenly! Glad things are getting back to normal!

Debbiedoos said...

The blue is fantastic! So fun and fresh. Kids like it too!

Dee Light said...

Great color! Looks like a fun place to be.

megan {homemade ginger} said...

I love the color..and the letters. I've had that idea for my daughter's nursery. So cute!!

By the way, I am hosting a giveaway right now that you might be interested in!