28 March 2007

Raising a sensitive male


I'm not sure how, but I've managed to do it. Why else would he create this sweet little arrangement on the arm of my adirondack chair?


Why else would he sit tenderly in my lap and run his little fingers through my hair?

Why else would he happily let his sister decide what to watch (Angelina Ballerina, Strawberry Shortcake - you name it)?

Why else would he want the pink plate at dinnertime?

Or beg to help make dinner?

~~~
Woman to Woman was wonderful, yet again! Thanks to all who participated! Feel free to advertise this project on your blogs! Please use one of the two buttons we have provided for the official logo, in order that it will become the easily-recognizable symbol of Woman to Woman. If you'd like the URL for putting one of them in your sidebar, email
Morning Glory or me for the code. If you prefer, you can use it just on the posting for that particular day, but please use the logos provided. We'll have the next topic up later next week for the April 10 posting.

Also, I have been nominated by two of my favorite bloggers, Morning Glory and An Ordinary Mom, for the "thinking blogger award". Since it is my goal to make you think, I am very appreciative of the recognition! And in keeping with the spirit of the award, I am going to forward it on to 5 other bloggers that are good at making you think: my hip MOF Smart Mama, thoughtful Barb at A Chelsea Morning, Ivey Sirmans' amazing mother - Gwen, the always fun-to-read Shannon from Rocks In My Dryer and witty Rachelle at Teacher, Mom, Mad Woman.



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Should you choose to participate, please make sure you pass this list of rules to the blogs you are tagging.

The participation rules are simple:

1. If, and only if, you get tagged, write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think,
2. Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme,
3. Optional: Proudly display the 'Thinking Blogger Award' with a link to the post that you wrote (here is an alternative silver version if gold doesn't fit your blog).

13 comments:

An Ordinary Mom said...

Sensitive males make the the best husbands :) !!

Woman to Woman was thoroughly enjoyable. I loved reading everybody's viewpoints on this topic. I found we really all have similar feelings, we just tend to say things a little differently :)!!

You are a thinker and you deserved both awards!

someone else said...

And what did that sensitive little guy fix for dinner? Very sweet chair ornament.

Rachelle said...

That's cute! Thanks for linking to me! I appreciate that I make somebody think. LOL! If only it were my students. ;) I love your blog - it always makes me think!

Tammy said...

That is awesome that you are raising a sensitive male! I have only daughters, and hope they each marry someone sensitive!

I'm visiting for the first time, I think...I'm a friend of Morning Glory's and hope to participate in one of the upcoming Woman to Woman posts. In fact, I sort of wrote on your first subject this morning, and linked both of you!
Blessings!

Rocks In My Dryer said...

Thanks, Lei! I really appreciate that!

smart mama said...

awwwwhhhh thanks- sorry i am still recouping from ym crazy week! I will sit down this next week and catch up and post my new award...

utmommy said...

There is nothing wrong with a sensitive male.

I love your blog. It always makes me think. You deserve the award!

Barb said...

Well, thank you Lei. I'm amazed my blog makes anyone actually think. LOL

I appreciate this award and am working on a post right now. The hard part is narrowing the number of blogs that make me think down to only five.

Congratulations to you, too. Very well deserved.

Kristen said...

That is so wonderful. He's going to make a great husband one of these days. Good for you, Mom!!

Barb said...

Okey dokey, Lei. My acceptance post is up. Thank you again. What a nice way to start my day.

Unknown said...

Agreed: some woman is going to love, adore and appreciate his gestures someday!!

Anonymous said...

He sounds like a renaissance man! :-)

Congrats on the award~~you always make me think!

Kristi said...

The little guy knows how to melt hearts! That flower arrangement is precious.