27 February 2006

Who inspires you?

One of my dearest friends did an amazing thing this past weekend. Actually, it wasn't that amazing for her, because she is capable of anything. But to the rest of us who sit back in awe and watch her - it was amazing. She is a talented musician, artist, writer. She is a kindred spirit and a wise soul. And she is a survivor. I cannot say enough good things about this woman. I will just show you how incredible she is. This past weekend we had our Stake Relief Society Conference and my dear friend was an integral part of it. Our theme was "Born for Glory". Have a look at what she handmade for each and every attendant... this truly is a one of a kind creation.


Not only that, but she wrote this to accompany each plaque:

She is born for Glory,
A daughter of God and
A hard-working woman,
Out of sight she balances faith.
Her worn apron speaks,
On its strings testimonies will hang.
Women walk silently.
Truth keeps her garden,
His whisper speaks,
Honor becoming to the Light.

She hand signed each one as well.

I feel so blessed to know this woman, and not just to know her but to be close to her and to be able to draw strength from her. She is such an inspiration to me. I hope you all are so lucky to know someone like this, or be this to someone else.

6 comments:

Zoe said...

Leilani, that is soooo cool. I cannot believe that she made those for everyone!!! Wow!! She is very talented. I am sorry to hear that you were throwing up last night. I must be having sympathy pains because I too have been queazy all day. (My beloved Zofran keeps me from actually "releasing" the food. LOL!!) I hope that you feel better.

Lee said...

Wow that is so cool! I am seriously impressed.

Carrie said...

That is such a wonderful blog. It makes me think of all the wonderful women that there are out there who inspire and uplift.

bon said...

Any woman with children who paints the walls of her house any color but white. THAT inspires me.

Women who blog.... "Whoop Yeah" for us!

MusicalMom said...

Wow. That is so cool. She sounds like an amazing woman!

Linsey Farley Jameson said...

Wow!!! That is cool!!!