I am fortunate to have music in my life. There are few things that provide me with such comfort. Often when I need it, the words of a familair hymn will slip into my mind. As we approach a new school year, there is much anxiety at my house... particularly in that of my ADHD 5 year old. This is very trying for me and I struggle with finding the patience I need to handle him on some days. One day last week, he'd been hitting and kicking and screaming and furniture leaping for several hours. And I'd yelled and screamed, and sent him to his room, and even thought of just sticking him in the backyard (yikes). Then, these words penetrated my thoughts:
5 Things I Was Doing 10 Years Ago:
1. Enjoying the life of a newly wed.
2. Gearing up for my senior year of college.
3. Discovering Martha Stewart.
4. Playing for various recording studios.
5. Sleeping alone for most of the night (dh worked graveyards).
1. Take Jonah and Drew to occupational therapy.
2. Go to the grocery store.
3. Vacuum downstairs.
4. Clean the fans.
5. Call Lexye about zilching (classical version of a jam session)
1. chocolate oreo cakesters (they are brand new and to die for)
2. reduced fat peanut butter on a banana
3. strawberry banana yogurt
5. tillamook cheese and wheat thins
1. "End of the World" by R.E.M.
2. "Closer to Fine" by Indigo Girls
3. "Wild Horses" by U2
4. "If You Leave" by OMD
5. "O mio babbino caro" from La Boheme
1. Open my performing arts school.
2. Fill those college, mission and wedding funds.
3. Buy dh a big boat. Lol.
4. Go to Italy and research the birth towns of my ancestors.
5. Get a Victorian fixer upper on the side.
1. I use Q Tips to clean my ears.
2. I rarely floss.
3. I stay up too late at night.
4. Overdoing things.
5. Forgetting to recharge my cell phone.
1. lycra stirrup unitards with clashing trunks
2. ribbons in my hair
3. splatter paint
4. fluorescent colors
5. Keds. I'm sorry, I just can't do it. No matter how hard they try to design a more modern sneaker.
1. My Nikon D50
2. My laptop
3. My Kitchenaid mixer
5. My graphic writing tablet.