27 October 2008

Happy spooky 4th birthday!

Photobucket

My 4 year old had a birthday party this weekend. It was so, so fun. We played ring toss with pumpkins and hula hoops, and "A gift for Mummy" (which is a game where you hide little prizes in toilet paper and "mummify" your guests until a prize falls out of the roll). We also had a cute little monster pinata filled with goodies and jumped on our brand new trampoline! For story time we spread out a big pinic blanket and munched on gooey chex mix. The book we read was Halloween Sky Ride by Elizabeth Spurr.

Drew got a pumpkin cake this year which was uber easy to decorate. I used Wilton's decorator's frosting in a tube to draw my Jack 'o Lantern face and filled it in with black sugar. Breezy!

Photobucket

Here's a few pictures that I remembered to take. But for the second time in a row I forgot to get one of my darling cauldron of bug juice! :( Ah well, you'll just have to picture it (and of course try it when you get a chance). All you do is mix Sprite and lime sherbet and drape gummy worms over the side of your punch bowl (cauldron). Be sure to garnish each cup with a yummy worm!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Don't you just love the last one?

The party favors were snatched up at the dollar spot in Target. Love that place. Each felt bucket contianed either socks or gloves, the prize from the mummy game, and their goodies from the pinata. Also pictured here is a really easy table decoration. All I did was take a brown grocery bag, dissect it flat, cut strips all around the edges, and twist away. The base is weighted down with marbles. The idea came from Family Fun - my favorite place for party ideas.

Photobucket

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

looks like a great party!! Happy Birthday. And your post sent me into a panic, b/c if he's four it means my Thomas turns four very very soon, and I'm so not ready for that.

Yvonne said...

What a fun party. I bet the kids all had a great time.

KAT said...

that looks like it was a great party.

Anonymous said...

What a fun party! I love the mummy game!