16 July 2008

oh what do you do in the summertime?

Well, summer is half over and I feel like we are just beginning to enjoy it. C'est le vie.

The kids are really enjoying their new playroom, and one of the new features in there is a fully stocked dress-up trunk. Highly recommend it. They play for hours upon imaginative hours with this stuff. Nothing delights me more than the sounds of make-believe!

Today Adriana marches Sasha into the office where I am and says "Hear thee, hear thee. (snicker) Introducing... Dr. Sasha!" And this is what Sasha looked like:


Hmmm, I thought. Doctor of what? Pimpology?

Savoring moments, my friend., I am savoring these precious, rarely dull, *innocent* hilarious moments!

I am still getting settled in our new home and decorating and redecorating and undecorating and so on. It's slowing down now that guilt has set in over summer being half over and us not having much to show for it. But I finally finished this painting which I have been working on for some time. It was originally intended for our old house, but I stalled and stalled, unsure of where it was going. New home, new inspiration, and voila! My interpretation of the Tree of Life.

Hope to post more "oh what do you do in the summertime?" ideas. There were several great ones last summer!

Have you entered the Mika Rose give-away yet? Don't miss out!

6 comments:

Tannie Smith said...

That is really pretty. I was wanting to do a tree of life, but will maybe just request a copy. Anyway let me know when you are ready to show off your house. I would love a tour!

Yvonne said...

Oh, I think dress up was my children's favorite activity. I loved it and wish I had taken more pictures.

I hope you'll post lots of pictures of your decorating and redecorating and even undecorating. I need lots of help.

Love the painting.

Kodelle said...

There is absolutely nothing as good as a dress-up-box. I love the Tree of Life rendition.

utmommy said...

I feel like our summer is just barely starting too. Not sure why though.

Dress up is so fun. Kids love it. Your Dr. of Pimpology is darling!

Nikki said...

I totally agree about summer passing too quickly--I seem to think it won't be like that from year-to-year, but it always is.

Love the painting!

An Ordinary Mom said...

Dress-up has always been big in our house, too!

Excellent painting!