27 June 2007

Overheard at our house


My youngest brother, 17, is temporarily living with us. Along with my 29 year old brother and his girlfrined, they watched over our boys while we were out of town last week for the wedding. This has made for some great sarcasm and humorous retaliation. Lol. And so I give you, out of the mouths of babes and their caretakers:

"He'd (my screaming child) make a great hun."


"Come here, you corpses."


(while playing "The Quiet Game")
my brother: "Ready? Go!"
Jonah (after about 2 seconds of quietude): "Can I play?"
my brother: "Okay, go!"
Jonah (after about 5 seconds of quietude): "Did I win?"
my brother: "Beginning... now!"
Jonah: "Am I the quietest?"


"Hey, I have a great idea... let's all cry together."


Drew: (pointing to the stove) "It's hot!"
Drew: (pointing to a hot plate) "It's hot!"
Drew: (pointing to the oven) "It's hot!"
Drew: (pointing to a burning candle) "It's hot!"
my brother: "Drew, repeat after me. Drop it... like it's... hot."
Drew: "Drop it hot!" (giggles all around)


"I don't speak monkey."

More Drew: "Where's Sasha?"
my brother: "Right in front of you."
Drew: "Where's Sasha?"
my brother: "Right in front of you."
Drew (ad nauseum): "Where's Sasha?"


"Ah, so that's how you get through this... you just ignore them." (whilst one or all children whine simultaneously for different things)


I've also received some very helpful advice:

"All you really need is a dart gun... and lots of sedatives."


"You should add on a sound proof room to this house. (and then, a look) I'm just sayin'."


"Tonight we'll be serving Benadryl marinated finger foods."


Oh, and give me your take on this... apparently my 5 year old knows how to get to Krispy Kreme (which involves a jaunt on the freeway, no less).

13 comments:

Zoe said...

ROFL!! That is so funny Leilani!! I love it! How fun to have your family there. So wait, was that Andrew's brother's wedding? I have to go back and read that post.

I love that your kids know how to get to Krispy Kreme!! YUMMY!

Jennie said...

hi! i love this blog too! thanks for mentioning it in your crafty blog... i had no idea!

anyway... thanks!

Anna Maria Junus said...

I like the Bendryl finger foods. Thanks for the useful recipe.

Chellie said...

So cute! ...mmmmm... krispy creme... now I want one!

utmommy said...

Too fun!

I want Krispy kreme!

And, I might use the Benadryl recipe every now and then.

Michelle said...

Oh. My. Gosh. Those were so funny!

Lei said...

ZOe - it was Andrew's bro that got married. Don't hate me for not telling you... I wanted so badly to visit friends, but we were only there for 2 days.

la bellina mammina said...

That was too funny! at least the house wasn't turned upside down....lol!

Anonymous said...

I (the girlfriend) finally made the blog! How very exciting... but not quite as exciting as the wonderful experience of watching your darling boys (who did actually know how to get to Krispy Kreme!) - Thanks for allowing us that delightful experience Lei.

Jennifer @ Fruit of My Hands said...

When I was at BYU, we had a quote wall, where anything odd or funny, or completely out of context was written...it sure was funny to go back and read it.

These were priceless!

Dee Light said...

Sounds like your family is having a fun time together!

Emily said...

Funny stuff, Lei!

Anonymous said...

ROFLMBO!!! Oh.my.funny. I should try the benadryl finger foods sometime...